This document is an electronic record in terms of National Information Technology Development Agency Act, 2007 and rules there under as applicable and the amended provisions pertaining to electronic records in various statutes as amended by the National Information Technology Development Agency Act, 2007. This electronic record is generated by a computer system and does not require any physical or digital signatures.
Your use of the Cheapcheap.ng website www.cheapcheap.ng (hereinafter referred to as “Cheapcheap.ng.”) and tools are governed by the following terms and conditions as applicable to Cheapcheap.ng. If you transact on Cheapcheap.ng, you shall be subject to the policies that are applicable to the website for such transaction. By mere use of the website you shall be contracting with Cheapcheap International Limited, a company incorporated under Companies and Allied Matters Act, 2004 with head office at House 32, Idinmu, Ikorodu, Lagos State, Nigeria and these terms and conditions constitute your binding obligations.
Use of the Cheapcheap Website is available only to persons who can form legally binding contracts under Nigerian governing laws. If you are a minor i.e. under the age of 18 years, you shall not register as a member of Cheapcheap.ng and shall not transact or use Cheapcheap.ng website. As a minor if you wish to use or transact on Cheapcheap.ng, such use or transaction may be made by your legal guardian or parents who have registered as users of Cheapcheap.ng. Cheapcheap.ng reserves the right to terminate your membership and refuse to provide you with access to Cheapcheap.ng if it is brought to Cheapcheap International Limited’s notice or if it is discovered that you are under the age of 18 years.
Your Account and Registration Obligations
When You use the Website or send emails or other data, information or communication to Cheapcheap.ng, You agree and understand that You are communicating with Cheapcheap.ng through electronic records and You consent to receive communications via electronic records from Cheapcheap.ng periodically. Cheapcheap.ng may communicate with You by email or by such other mode of communication, electronic or otherwise.
Membership on Cheapcheap.ng is free. Cheapcheap.ng does not charge any fee for browsing and buying on Cheapcheap.ng. However, Cheapcheap.ng reserves the right to charge a fee and change its policies from time to time. In particular, Cheapcheap.ng may at its sole discretion introduce new services and modify some or all of the existing services offered on Cheapcheap.ng. In such an event Cheapcheap.ng reserves, without notice to You, the right to introduce fees for the new services offered or amend/introduce fees for existing services, as the case may be.Changes to the Fee and related policies shall automatically become effective immediately once implemented on Cheapcheap.ng.Unless otherwise stated,all fees shall be quoted in Nigerian Naira.You shall be solely responsible for compliance of all applicable laws including those in Nigeria for making payments to Cheapcheap.ng.
Use of Cheapcheap.ng Website
You agree, undertake and confirm that your use of Cheapcheap.ng shall be strictly governed by the following binding principles:
You shall not host, display, upload, modify, publish, transmit, update or share any information that:
- belongs to another person and to which You do not have any right.
- is grossly harmful, harassing, blasphemous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, paedophilic, libellous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically objectionable, disparaging, relating or encouraging money laundering or gambling, or otherwise unlawful in any manner whatever; or unlawfully threatening or unlawfully harassing including but not limited to “indecent representation of women” or misleading in any way.
- is patently offensive to the online community, such as sexually explicit content, or content that promotes obscenity, pedophilia, racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
- harasses or advocates harassment of another person;
- involves the transmission of “junk mail,” “chain letters,” or unsolicited mass mailing or “spamming”;
- promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libelous;
- infringes upon or violates any third party’s rights [(including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights, rights of privacy (including without limitation unauthorized disclosure of a person’s name, email address, physical address or phone number) or rights of publicity];
- promotes an illegal or unauthorized copy of another person’s copyrighted work (see “Copyright complaint” below for instructions on how to lodge a complaint about uploaded copyrighted material), such as providing pirated computer programs or links to them, providing information to circumvent manufacture-installed copy-protect devices, or providing pirated music or links to pirated music files;
- contains restricted or password-only access pages, or hidden pages or images (those not linked to or from another accessible page);
- Provides material that exploits people in a sexual, violent or otherwise inappropriate manner or solicits personal information from anyone;
- provides instructional information about illegal activities such as making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone’s privacy, or providing or creating computer viruses;
- contains video, photographs, or images of another person age 18 or older without his or her express written consent and permission or those of any minor (regardless of whether you have consent from the minor or his or her legal guardian).
- tries to gain unauthorized access or exceeds the scope of authorized access (as defined herein and in other applicable Codes of Conduct or End User Access and License Agreements) to the Sites or to profiles, blogs, communities, account information, bulletins, friend request, or other areas of the Sites or solicits passwords or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other users;
- Solicits gambling or engages in any gambling activity which Cheapcheap, in its sole discretion, believes is or could be construed as being illegal;
- interferes with another user’s use and enjoyment of Cheapcheap.ng Website or any other individual’s user and enjoyment of similar services;
- harm minors in any way;
- infringes any patent, trademark, copyright or other proprietary rights or third party’s trade secrets or rights of publicity or privacy or shall not be fraudulent or involve the sale of counterfeit or stolen items;
- violates any law for the time being in force;
- deceives or misleads the addressee/ users about the origin of such messages or communicates any information which is grossly offensive or menacing in nature;
- impersonate another person;
- Contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer resource; or contains any Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, easter eggs or other computer programming routines that may damage, detrimentally interfere with, diminish value of, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information;
- Threatens the unity, integrity, defence, security or sovereignty of The Federal Republic of Nigeria, friendly relations with foreign states, or public order or causes incitement to the commission of any cognizable offence or prevents investigation of any offence or is insulting any other nation.
- Shall not be false, inaccurate or misleading;
- Shall not, directly or indirectly,offer, attempt to offer;trade or attempt to trade in any item, the dealing of which is prohibited or restricted in any manner under the provisions of any applicable law, rule, regulation or guideline for the time being in force.
- Shall not create liability for us or cause us to lose (in whole or in part) the services of our ISPs or other suppliers;
- You shall not use any “deep-link”, “page-scrape”, “robot”, “spider” or other automatic device, program, algorithm or methodology, or any similar or equivalent manual process, to access, acquire, copy or monitor any portion of the Website or any Content, or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Website or any Content, to obtain or attempt to obtain any materials, documents or information through any means not purposely made available through the Website. Cheapcheap reserves the right to bar any such activity.
- You shall not attempt to gain unauthorized access to any portion or feature of Cheapcheap.ng website, or any other systems or networks connected to Cheapcheap.ng Website or to any Cheapcheap server, computer, network, or to any of the services offered on or through Cheapcheap.ng Website, by hacking, password “mining” or any other illegitimate means.
- You shall not probe, scan or test the vulnerability of Cheapcheap website or any network connected to Cheapcheap.ng website nor breach the security or authentication measures on Cheapcheap.ng website or any network connected to the Website.
- You may not reverse look-up, trace or seek to trace any information on any other user of or visitor to Cheapcheap.ng Website, or any other customer of Cheapcheap.ng, including any Cheapcheap.ng account not owned by you, to its source, or exploit Cheapcheap.ng Website or any service or information made available or offered by or through Cheapcheap.ng Website, in any way where the purpose is to reveal any information, including but not limited to personal identification or information, other than your own information, as provided for by Cheapcheap.ng Website.
- You agree that you will not take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the infrastructure of Cheapcheap.ng Website or Cheapcheap’s systems or networks, or any systems or networks connected to Cheapcheap.ng.
- You agree not to use any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website or any transaction being conducted on the Website, or with any other person’s use of the Website.;
- You may not forget headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any message or transmittal you send to Cheapcheap.ng on or through the Website or any service offered on or through the Website. You may not pretend that you are, or that you represent, someone else, or impersonate any other individual or entity.
- You shall not exaggerate or over emphasize the attributes of such items or services so as to mislead other Users in any manner.
- You shall not lift (i.e. copy and paste) images of products you want to sell on Cheapcheap.ng from other websites, images to be used must be original images and not stolen images or content posted on another site. And in the event that you violate this term, you hereby indemnify Cheapcheap of any third party claim thereon.
- You understand that Cheapcheap has the right at all times to disclose any information (including the identity of the persons providing information or materials on the Cheapcheap.ng Website) as necessary to satisfy any law, regulation or valid governmental request. This may include, without limitation, disclosure of the information in connection with investigation of alleged illegal activity or solicitation of illegal activity or in response to a lawful court order or subpoena. In addition, we can (and you hereby expressly authorize us to) disclose any information about you to law enforcement or other government officials, as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate in connection with the investigation and/or resolution of possible crimes, especially those that may involve personal injury
Your correspondence or business dealings with, or participation in promotions of, advertisers found on or through Cheapcheap.ng, including payment and delivery of related goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such advertiser. Cheapcheap shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of such advertisers on Cheapcheap.ng.
It is possible that other users (including unauthorized users or “hackers”) may post or transmit offensive or obscene materials on Cheapcheap.ng and that you may be involuntarily exposed to such offensive and obscene materials. It is possible that other users (including unauthorized users or “hackers”) may post or transmit offensive or obscene materials on Cheapcheap.ng and that you may be involuntarily exposed to such offensive and obscene materials. It also is possible for others to obtain personal information about you due to your use of Cheapcheap.ng, and that the recipient may use such information to harass or injure you. Cheapcheap does not approve of such unauthorized uses but by using the Cheapcheap.ng Website you acknowledge and agree that Cheapcheap will not be responsible for the use of any personal information that you publicly disclose or share with others on Cheapcheap.ng. Carefully select the type of information that you publicly disclose or share with others on Cheapcheap.ng.
Cheapcheap shall have all the rights to take necessary action and claim damages that may occur due to your involvement/participation in any way on your own or through a group(s) of People, intentionally or unintentionally in DoS/DDoS (Distributed Denial of Services).